1. Abbey Koerperich: I love UNI Dance Marathon because it brings people together. We are all here for one common goal; to fight For The Kids. It gives us a reason to help inspire others through our leadership and love for the kiddos. We do it by remembering those who are dancing in our hearts, raising money for the University of Iowa's Stead Family Children's Hospital, and dedicating a day to thank everyone involved in UNI DM by holding a Big Event in March.
2. Alexis Scharfenkamp: Why do I love UNI Dance Marathon? Because it has totally and completely
changed my life for the better. It has allowed me to see how many children are robbed of their childhoods and how hard they have to fight just to see tomorrow. It has provided me with irreplaceable relationships with parents, siblings, and kiddos that are each fighting their own unique battles. It has created lifelong friendships that I will treasure for the rest of my life. It has made me realize how much college students can accomplish if they work together towards a common goal. UNI Dance Marathon has created a drive inside of me that seeks to put an end to all childhood illnesses, and it has provided me with not only a team, but a generation of people motivated to do the same thing. And I have no doubt in my mind that one day, we will. That's why I am in love with UNI Dance Marathon.
3. Conar Reed: I love UNI Dance Marathon because I am devoted to the cause we support with all that I am. As a childhood cancer survivor myself, and although my battle was not as intense as other children, my life changed greatly. I learned that Hope is perhaps the most powerful of ideals, and Dance Marathon provides so much hope to all that participate, especially the kiddos. I dance to create more stories like my own: more survivors that can grow up and have all of life's incredible experiences, and more leaders within our beloved movement that are paying it forward to create miracles that extend beyond their own story. I dance for Hope for the kiddos and their families, and for a brighter future for us all.
4. Emily Kelleher: I love UNI Dance Marathon because you have the chance to make a difference for a kiddo. You can be the one to help raise the money that will enhance the hospital that our kiddos are treated at. You get the chance to show your support to these families who are going through the worst times of their lives. The support that UNI Dance Marathon gives to the families and their kiddos means the world to them and it's amazing that we have the opportunity and privilege to do that for them.
5. Erica Lockin: I love UNI Dance Marathon because it allows you to be involved with something bigger than yourself. You get to SEE the changes you are making: whether that be through volunteering, your fundraising total, meeting the Miracle Kids and their families, getting to know others who are bought in to the cause, the whole organization's fundraising total, the rooms we provided in the hospital, the list goes on. Because of these opportunities, Dance Marathon creates leaders from this generation who are fighting for the next.